Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fantasy Football week 3

I've climbed the table from 10th to 9th with 39pts, on the strength of a few good matches by my defensive corps. I missed out on an outstanding 9pt performance by Shaun Wright-Phillips because the news was he wouldn't play, so I left him off the team, and he scored two goals for his old club Man City. I've also picked the wrong striker twice, leaving me with 3 points instead of 6 or 9.

My biggest worry so far is in goal: Tim Howard of Everton is at -1 after three matches. I don't have a back-up, and I expected better things. Unfortunately, David Moyes didn't bring in any new players this transfer window (anyone of note, anyway) and quite a few players left, leaving him with a short bench.

Good news, though: I'm within 9pts of third, which is the last promotion spot. It's a close race, and I think my point hauls will improve: Fabregas is fit, SWP will start most matches for Man City, my strikers are scoring, and presumably Portsmouth's defence will improve (I've got both Campbell and Distin).

No comments: