Friday, March 7, 2014

DRAFT I'm applying for a position with Mozilla, part 3

For background on this, see Part 1 and Part 2


DRAFT


And here's the final page of notes. This has been a pretty refreshing experience, actually. Now I just have to tweak my CV/résumé. (Yes, there are two accents. Attention to detail: check.) 

My current résumé is largely focused on project management, so I don't think I'll have to make many changes.

Format

I like how plain looking my résumé is, but I sometimes wonder about how I could improve its appearance. More white space? Will consider. 


Header/contact info


Remember to switch email to reidcomms. 

Just in case: brentonwalters (at) gmail (dot) com

Highlights of qualifications
A bit too generic. Specify:

  • What kind of project management?
  • What scale? 

Experience

I operate somewhere between being a contractor and a consultant. I am in the process of incorporating, but haven't had to yet. 

I am also in the process of developing a website for my work, but it's about halfway done right now. I am therefore limited to a résumé, which I worry doesn't quite convey appropriately my experience over the past several years.

I should also have an accurate LinkedIn profile, but as yet have not seen any utility there. 

Do I include a link to my bog-standard placeholder WordPress site? (In the end, I did.) 

I would normally pare down my various experiences. I usually delete the Logistics Coordinator one - after all, it was working in a produce warehouse. But it was a warehouse that moved millions of dollars of produce that I ran, managing staff and coordinating the work between the warehouse, sales and transportation departments. 

Education

I went to the Social Change Institute. It's a bit of a cross between a conference and training. With a bunch of networking. Meh, I don't know. Feels significant right now. 

(This is a bit of a workaround vanity line...) I removed my "Best Undergraduate Essay in Political Science" award. Felt a too high school. For anyone wondering, it was a piece on Aristotelian ethics and foreign aid. 












No comments: